The CDC and local authorities have confirmed active cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout the southeastern United States and in the vicinity of Sage Management communities. As a result, for the safety of our residents and guests, the following procedures are implemented immediately:
1. No visitors will be permitted at any community until further notice. Limited exceptions may be made for adult family members and only if the visitor is pre-screened in accordance with CDC guidelines and is approved for visitation in writing by the executive director of the community. Children under the age of 16 are not to visit any community until further notice.
2. Home health and hospice care providers will only be granted entry into the community to care for our residents and their patients after confirmation is received from their agency that the provider has been screened and is presenting no Coronavirus symptoms. Our staff will also be equipped to complete screenings onsite.
3. All residents scheduled to move into a community or returning from a local health care facility will be screened according to CDC guidelines. Any resident that is showing Coronavirus symptoms will be subject to 14-day quarantine at the community. A 14-day quarantine will include isolation in the resident’s room with all meals being served there.
4. All vendor deliveries should be made curbside and without vendors entering the community.
5. Vendor access to communities should be limited to emergency deliveries or visits, and only then, if the vendor is pre-screened in accordance with CDC guidelines and is approved for visitation in writing by the Executive Director of the community.
6. Sage Management will be requiring any employee who is returning from travel to key affected areas or who has had contact with an infected person and/or Coronavirus symptoms to stay home for a period of no less than 14-days to ensure that no symptoms develop during the stated incubation period. During this self-imposed quarantine, Sage Management may permit staff to work remotely, if the staff member’s job duties permit. Otherwise, staff will be permitted to use available vacation and/or sick leave as appropriate.
7. Staff who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (Fever is defined as 100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g., cough suppressants). Staff should also notify their supervisor immediately.
8. All outside group activities provided by Sage Management will be put on hold until further notice. Transportation for scheduled medical appointments will continue.
Search the blog
- Live Life to the Fullest: Take Control of Your Independence This Year
- 4 Tips to Make Staying Active a Habit This Year
- Leaving a Legacy & Passing Your Values onto the Next Generation
- 5 Tips for Building Your Circle of Friends in Senior Living
- Common Retirement Planning Mistakes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Silver Comet Village
- Health & Nutrition
- Senior Living
- Community News
- Active Living
- Mental Wellness
- Senior Living Trends
- Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Finances & Budgeting
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Memory Support
- Senior Care
- Social Wellness
- Independent Living
- Safety Tips
- Assisted Living
- Silver Comet Trail