The Coronavirus has affected many aspects of our operations. Today, we were notified that we may experience difficulty obtaining certain meats, because of processing plants being closed.
Our supplier, US Foods sent the following information and we wanted to make you aware:
Beef, Pork, and Poultry markets are all critically short on fresh supply and prices are escalating out of control.
- Beef - ALL Beef markets are UP substantially this week again. There is an EXTREMELY tight supply due to various plant disruptions and much lower slaughter numbers.
- Poultry- Supply is becoming very tight especially on breasts and wings.
- Pork – Lack of supply is putting further pressure on pricing again.
- Seafood- This is the one consistent center of the plate protein that we have a great supply of.
Our staff will work with our food providers and dieticians that menus meet the dietary needs of our residents. We may experience changes from the published menus, but we will keep everyone informed of those changes.
As always, thank you for your patience and understanding during these times. We hope this does not last long, but we will continue to look for alternative means to provide you the foods you enjoy.
Search the blog
- Socialization Matters: Stay Healthy, Happy, and Virtually Connected
- Preparing for Your Visit: What to Ask on a Senior Living Community Tour
- Finding the Right Care Option: Home Care vs. Senior Living Communities
- Recognizing the Symptoms and Signs of Dementia
- A New Treatment Approved for Alzheimer’s Disease: Aducanumab
- Silver Comet Village
- Health & Nutrition
- Senior Living
- Community News
- Active Living
- Mental Wellness
- Senior Living Trends
- Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Memory Support
- Senior Care
- Social Wellness
- Finances & Budgeting
- Safety Tips
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Silver Comet Trail