To Our Residents: On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the Cobb County Board of Commissioners, with advice from the Cobb & Douglas Board of Health (CDBH) and Cobb Emergency Management Agency (CEMA), and the City of Powder Springs created Declarations of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak following similar orders from the President of the United States and Georgia’s Governor.
This declaration is to take immediate, corrective action for the protection of the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Cobb County. Beginning March 25, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. and continuing until terminated, revoked or amended, Silver Comet Village will be following the orders put in place by both County and City.
- Continue to practice social distancing. Individuals must maintain 6 feet between individuals in accordance with CDC guidelines while walking halls, enjoying common space or amenities.
- Sheltering in Place. Silver Comet Village is your home. So are the amenities outside of your apartment. Although we ask you to stay in your apartment as much as possible, we understand you may want to use the common amenities. If you wish to play billiards, bocce ball, walk outside, etc. we ask you to practice social distancing. If you feel the need to leave the grounds, please reconsider and use a delivery service, or ask one of the staff members to assist in your needs. We will continue the 14-day monitoring protocol as well as any additional protocols recommended by appropriate authorities, for those who choose to disregard our recommendation and leave the campus.
- Access to the Silver Comet Trail will be disabled in accordance with Cobb County closing their portion of the trail. We know the trail was a huge reason many of you chose to live here, but we must take every precaution necessary to meet these orders. If you wish to walk outside, we encourage you to walk the sidewalks and around the buildings.
- There will be no dining in the common dining area, regardless of social distancing. Please continue to eat meals in your room.
- The Gym will now be locked. If you would like some ideas on exercises you can do in your room or outside, please see our Activity Director. She will be more than happy to provide some programs or ideas.
- Visitation with non-residents of Silver Comet Village will continue to be restricted. In an effort to minimalize the risk of exposure on campus, all contact with visitors is prohibited. If a family member chooses to deliver necessary items, those items will be received by staff and delivered to the resident.
In the last two weeks, we have implemented dramatic precautions to minimalize exposure to COVID-19. We recognize the impact those changes have had on your familiar and preferred daily routines. We are so grateful for your cooperation and the appreciation many of you, and your families, have expressed in our robust commitment to maximizing the good health and safety we all enjoy.
In addition to changes in how we are providing activities and meals, and mail service, you may have noticed we have implemented regular sanitization of high-touch areas throughout the community. We will continue to provide associate training on ever-changing protocols and how to identify and next steps to take if a resident or employee contracts COVID-19. You can be certain that we will continue to adjust and adapt as this global pandemic unfolds. We will do our best to keep you abreast of any changes as they occur.
I know these changes are frustrating and can feel overwhelming. While we can’t predict the duration of these protective measures, we do know with certainty that when they are lifted, we will celebrate our health and wellness!
In the meantime, your safety and health, as well as that of our employees, are our top priorities. I hope you all remain safe, and I pray that none of you or your family members are affected by this virus. If you have any questions or comments you would like to discuss regarding these decisions, feel free to call me at (251) 981-0204.
For your patience and cooperation - thank you,
Vice President of Operations
SAGE Management, Inc.
Search the blog
- Live Life to the Fullest: Take Control of Your Independence This Year
- 4 Tips to Make Staying Active a Habit This Year
- Leaving a Legacy & Passing Your Values onto the Next Generation
- 5 Tips for Building Your Circle of Friends in Senior Living
- Common Retirement Planning Mistakes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Silver Comet Village
- Health & Nutrition
- Senior Living
- Community News
- Active Living
- Mental Wellness
- Senior Living Trends
- Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Finances & Budgeting
- Holidays & Celebrations
- Independent Living
- Memory Support
- Senior Care
- Social Wellness
- Safety Tips
- Assisted Living
- Silver Comet Trail